The Executive Board is made up of a President, VP of Membership, VP of Special Projects, Secretary, Treasurer and Publicity/Webmaster. In the spring of each year a nominating committee puts together a list of nominees for the coming year. A description of each job description is listed below. Just click on the appropriate Job Title to see the job description.
If you would like to nominate someone for a position on the Executive Board, please download and fill in the nomination form.
Download Nomination Form
Executive Board PositionsTo view the job descriptions for each position, just click on the position title.
The President shall preside over all general or executive meetings. The President will ensure that the constitution and policies of the organization are carried out. The President shall oversee the appointment of all committees, perform the duties normally associated with this office and as requested by the director, and act as a representative of the organization at public and private functions.
VP of Membership
The Vice President of Membership shall assume the duties of the President at any time the President is unable to attend to the duties of the office. Primary responsibilities of this position are:
- Sign up booster club members and maintain current membership records
- Arrange for chaperones and volunteers for events and competitions throughout the year
- Compile a Tompkins Choir Directory Directory if the director chooses to do one.
VP of Fundraising
Primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Help plan and oversee fundraisers for the Tompkins Choir Booster Club, such as Singing Valentines
- Help plan and oversee trip fundraisers such as product sales and car washes
VP Special Projects
Primary Responsibilities of this position are:
- Arrange for decorations and meals required for hosting of Region choir events such as Pre-Area auditions
- Coordinate concessions sales at special events
- Coordinate supplies and set-up for Coffee House in Fall and Spring
- Work with the Choir Council if needed to plan student social events
Primary responsibilities are:
- empty the choir safe on a regular basis (or enlist a Financial Committee to help with this)
- Post all payments to student accounts on the Charms database
- Keep financial records and report to the Booster Club periodically and at all Board Meetings
Primary responsibilities include:
- Taking minutes at all Board meetings
- Sending out notification of Booster Club meetings
- Maintaining files of all Booster Club business